Want to learn more about dashboards? Don't hesitate to read our article "What is a dashboard?"
In the side menu, go to the "Analysis" section then "Dashboard".
Click on the "Create new dashboard" button:
Start by giving a name to your dashboard, it will be visible to other users. We advise you to add a label to better organise your dashboards.
You will find at the top right side these different icons allowing you to perform the following actions:
- Add indicator
- Add raw data visualization
- Add filter
- Add text
- Edit the size and position of the indicators
- Customize the dashboard
- Export dashboard in PDF format
- Share the dashboard
- Setting up the dashboard parameters
1. Add indicator
To add a graph to your dashboard, click on the button:
You can choose to use an existing indicator from your library or to create a new one specific to this dashboard.
If you want to modify an existing indicator, click on the button:
Then on “Edit query”:
2. Add raw data visualization
To add a visualization of the raw data, click on the button:
You can choose to use an existing visualization from your library or to create a new one specific to this dashboard.
This way you can add a table of answers to your dashboard allowing to display a list of verbatim, for example.
3. Add filter
With filters you can filter all the indicators present in the dashboard. Several types of filters are available: time period, attributes, campaigns, deployments, type of device used, or any other personalized variable corresponding to your needs.
Click on the button:
Then choose the relevant filters from the list. We recommend that you start with the “Date span” filter, which is often useful in any dashboard.
When using a filter, it applies by default to all your indicators.
You can also make an indicator insensitive to the filters applied, especially if it's used as a reference to compare your overall results.
For example, freeze a graph representing the evolution over the last 12 months, even if you use the filter "last month" for all your other indicators.
To do this click on:
Then select “Personalize” and uncheck the filters that you do not want to apply on this indicator.
4. Add text
You can add text to your dashboards to make it easier to read, by creating section titles or adding a reading help note for your colleagues.
Click on the button:
Then write your text in the block. The text is customizable (color, font size, etc.):
5. Edit the size and position of the indicators
To change the size of your indicator, click on the button:
To change the size: put your mouse pointer in the lower right corner of your indicator. When your mouse pointer changes into an inclined arrow, hold the click to change the size of your indicator:
To drag and drop: put your mouse cursor on any point of your indicator, your cursor becomes a double arrow. Hold the click to move your indicator to the place of your choice.
Don't forget to apply and save your changes when you're done.
6. Customize the dashboard
To create a harmonious dashboard, configure the default elements for all of your indicators. The configuration will be applied to all indicators of your dashboard.
You can then carry out a specific configuration for each indicator by clicking on the button:
And all you have to do now is to customize it:
Adjust display settings
You can set up the display of indicator values:
- “Number of decimals”: Choose the number of decimal places displayed;
- “Display values”: Display the points on a graph. We invite you to uncheck this option above 40 points to maintain a display time and optimal readability;
- “Display mode”: By default the display of values is optimized, which means that if the values are too many for optimal display, certain values will not be displayed. If you uncheck this option, all values will be displayed at the risk of reduced readability.
You can configure the display of the axes of the graph:
By default the axis scale adapts to the values. For example if your NPS is between 28 and 37, the scale will be between 20 and 40 and not between - 100 and 100 to allow better visualization of the evolutions. The scale adapts to the data displayed at time T in the graph.
You can set up a manual value as well. In this case please pay attention - you'll have to be update it if necessary.
You can manage data access:
It's possible to authorize the viewing or downloading of answers exports associated with these indicators. Your co-workers may view and export all the answers from the dashboard by clicking on the button.
or on a series of the graph
You can very finely customize the display of the elements of the graph:
- Indicator: background color, indicator outline
- Title: size, thickness, color and choice of font
- Legend: size, thickness, color and choice of font
Don't hesitate to modify the design of the elements of your graphics to adapt them to your brand graphic charter!
You can use a color palette of your choice or a monochrome palette made up of several shades of the same color. The palette will display the series in the color of the palette.
To add a color of your choice, directly enter the HTML code for the color or click on the circle to display a color picker, then use the circle to select the color.
To force the color by series, click directly in the legend of the graph and select the color by series. If a color is forced by series, it will always be in this color, regardless of the number of series displayed.
We recommend you to use this option for note-based display rules.
7. Export dashboard in PDF format
Export your dashboard in PDF format by clicking on the button:
Then select the format suitable for your use, especially when printing a PDF file.
If you want to export only one indicator, click on the button:
Then choose the export format of your choice:
8. Share the dashboard
Your dashboard is a management tool allowing you to involve your co-workers around issues of customer experience or customer satisfaction. To set up a sharing, click on the button:
Then select the sharing method of your choice:
- Via URL: more information in this dedicated article
- Via Email: more information in this dedicated article
9. Setting up the dashboard parameters
You can access the dashboard settings by clicking on the button:
This will allow you to:
- Rename the dashboard
- Add a label to your dashboard to facilitate your organisation
- Set an original language
- Add a logo and manage its size
- Choose automatic refresh of the dashboard: In this case your dashboard will refresh every 5 minutes and not only when the link is loaded.
- Translate the dashboard into several languages: name of the indicators, name of the requests, text added in the dashboard. The answers will include the translations that you have already added to your campaign.
Pin the dashboard on the home page
To allow your co-workers view the dashboard easily, remember to pin it on the home page!
Now it's your turn!