Involve all employees in your “customer centric” strategy by sharing dashboards!
Dashboards are the best way to make the right decisions at the right moment. The sharing function allows you to filter the dashboard view for each department and each employee of the company.
Prerequisite : before activating the sharing function, you should first create your dashboard: you're not sure how to do it? We explain it in this article!
To activate the sharing function, go to your dashboard and click on the “Share the dashboard” button:
By default, the “Sharing enabled” button is set to “ON”. It means that the dashboard can be shared. If the button is “OFF”, you cannot use the sharing function.
Two sharing options are available:
- via URL (For more information on sharing via URL click here!)
- via Email
Once you have clicked on email sharing, all you have to do is configure your distribution.
A distribution is the action of sharing or sending a dashboard to an entity or a group of entities (person, group, country, ...).
Click on "Create a new distribution":
Then fill in:
- The name of your distribution;
- The type of sharing (Public = is accessible to anyone who has a link; Private = accessible only to an authenticated recipient)
- “Access allowed during” : The maximum period of validity of a link is 365 days (or less depending on your choice). The links must be renewed before the end of the defined period to allow your recipients always access to the information;
- The subject of the email
- The text of the email
Now select who you would like to share your dashboard with, via the "Email recipient" section.
You have the choice between two "types" of recipients.
1. Firstly you can send the email by entering his email in (or several email adresses, separated by a semi-colon).
2. Another option is to send to a user(s)/recipient(s) from your account.
Here you can define which criterias must be taken into account to send your email.
For instance, in our case: The user name, user function, the team to which he's attached, country, years of service and language.
Define the rule to be applied. Here we'd like to send an email to the contacts that are part of the "marketing" team.
Note: here, the "marketing" value matches a property created within the settings of our account. All users that have a property (meaning that they are part of the marketing team, in this case), will be recipients of our email.
You can also cumulate several rules, by clicking on the dedicated button "Add a rule". Here, we're adding to our first rule, the following rules: function equal to "manager" and country different than "france".
Finally, chose the periodicity of your delivery as well as the beginning date.
Once this is finished, click on "Next".
Here, chose the Dashboard to be displayed:
- The full dashboard (without any filters)
- The dashboards after applying certain filters
In the case of using filters, select the type of filter and the value of the desired filter.
You can double up several filters via the button "Add a rule".
Once this is finished, click on "Save".
Your distribution is active! You can use the “ON / OFF” button to deactivate it.