To know more about reports, please read our article: What is a report?
Select “Stats” in the main Menu and click on “Reports”.
Choose between Customized or Campaigns:
- Customized Reports allow you to create your statistical Reports by crossing data from different Campaigns. Those Reports are empty, you have to built them from scratch.
- Campaigns Reports allow you to easily keep an eye on a specific Campaign. It allows you to track the performance and cross all the data from this Campaign. When you create it, your Campaign Report contains all the stats from your Campaign organized by Slides (each slide corresponding to a question).
Whatever your choice, click on the green button "Create new Report":
If you are creating a Campaign Report, give it a name and select your Campaign:
Your Report is automatically built. You can discover and modify all the Statistic slides corresponding to your Campaign.
You can also cross your data and improve your Report.
If you are creating a Customized Report, give a name to your report (at the top left):
In the main frame, click on "Empty" or on the pencil to modify the name of your statistic slide.
To modify your Reports
In an empty slide, select the first statistical dimension you want to get (or cross) by a click on the "+":
And choose your dimension:
A statistic slide allows you to select one or two dimensions and combine them. You can also add a filter to these dimensions and adjust them. The dimensions available are:
- Date: Choose a start and end date as well as the period (date, week, month, year).
- Questions: select the campaign corresponding to the questions you want. Select the question and then the answers that you want to display (“based on the question” option). Select the label to group and consolidate the answers to the questions to which you have assigned the same label name when creating your questionnaires. Attention: these must be of the same type (“based on the label” option).
- Location: perform geographical targeting by country or city.
- Segments: select the Segments that you want to display.
- Segments groups: select one or more groups of Segments to display.
- Attributes: select one or more Attributes to display.
- Deployments: Display the statistic data linked to the selected deployments.
- Campaigns: Display the statistic data linked to the selected campaigns.
- Platform: Get data depending on the platform your respondent used.
- Flag: Recover the questions marked by flags and display their statistics.
- Medias: Choose in the list the medias you want to get statistics about.
You can also cross different data. Select your first dimension (example: a campaign) and then a second one (example: the media).
By doing so, you can get the performances of your campaign on your different medias. When you cross 2 dimensions on a population over 30, a test of significance is automatically launched. Then you can discover the result in the table of your slide.
You have the possibility to filter your results, click on Filter and choose one of the them:
For more details about the different filters, please take a look in the detailed list previously in this article. "Live display" corresponds to the Live by MyFeelBack a real time web solution for your surveys, quizzes and comments on your events to get your audience involved.
Now, build your report and add some statistic slides. Click on:
Select your dimensions and discover your statistics in the main frame.
You can modify the chart type and the display mode by a click on the cog:
Once you get your chart with your data, you can organize them (by ascending / descending order or alphabetical order depending on the data).
To organize your chart, click on the dash at the top right (or in the dimension icon you want to organize).
You can also switch dimensions displayed by clicking on the "switch" icon.
You can also add comments on all your slides. Click on the icon with a chat bubble and right your comment down. You can find this comment at the bottom of the page in your report.
When your report is ready, don’t forget to “Save” your work.
Please read our related articles just under this post and take a look the category Stats of the HelpCenter to get more information.